[Callers] Compensating for SharedWeight's Limitation re: Threads

Don Veino via Callers callers at lists.sharedweight.net
Fri Jan 22 10:09:55 PST 2016

I'm sad to see several postings recently of folks considering leaving the
Shared Weight list over issues regarding the volume or tone of postings on
particular topics. I realize the following is a workaround for something
others might want to fix culturally, but I hope it may assist someone on
the cusp of leaving to find a means to stay with us.

Shared Weight is an email-based forum, and as such we don't have at our
immediate use an "unfollow" function like those present in a website
"forum" site. On those sites, typically one can designate easily a topic
thread they wish to no longer receive notifications of but otherwise
continue to enjoy the full participation of the resource.

In case you are contemplating ditching Shared Weight due to this issue, you
may wish to consider using your email client's filter capability. For
instance, with GMail, one can click on the "More -> Filter messages like
these" option to keep out messages you no longer wish to see in your inbox.
You can filter on single items like sender, subject line content or a
combination.

-Don