[Callers] Family dances for 3-9 people?

Erik Hoffman via Callers callers at lists.sharedweight.net
Thu Feb 18 23:44:40 PST 2016

Here's a dance I made up sometime -- don't quite remember when, for 7,
but works with 9 (or even 11...)

The Millennium Bug
Erik Hoffman
Written for a weird New Year...

Formation is a longways set of couples facing the odd person out who is
"The Bug"

A1  Essentially, up a double towards The Bug, but I call it a
with-your-partner
        forward and back then make lines a the sides and the bug strolls
down
        the center
A2  Unzip the Line:
           When The Bug gets to the bottom, he or she keeps facing down,
crosses
           his or her arms, makes an arch with the higher arm, and backs up,
           guiding the low arm people under the arm
B1  After the ends of the lines come out: Circle Left, then Right
B2  The Bug Swings Someone (The Bug chooses first!) then the rest choose
        a Partner and Swing. The dancer with no partner is The New Bug and
        goes to the Top, others end forming a longways set facing The Bug

Originally conceived for 7 people, and works well in that size, and
works well for 9, too.

~erik hoffman
     oakland, ca