[Callers] Favorite relatively Modern ECD

Ric Goldman - Letsdance via Callers callers at lists.sharedweight.net
Sun Dec 11 01:50:07 PST 2016

Hi Erik,

I've called Mendocino several times.  It's a wonderful community dance with
dedicated English dancers of varying experience.  A lot of the dance is
driven around Beth & Mickie's community band.  They can provide you with
their "list of regular tunes/dances" which the band is familiar with, but
they're also good at taking new (to them) tunes and making them come to
life.  Attendance will vary depending on circumstance, so I would suggest
making sure you have a number of 3- and 4-couple dances either in the
program or available as backup alternates.  One modern dance I know they are
familiar with is one of mine - Pebbles, from 2011.  I'll send you the .pdf
of the tune off-list, along with samples from previous programs there, but
here's the instructions for Pebbles itself.

Pebbles
Longways duple minor, 2/2 meter, G
Tune and dance: Ric Goldman, 2011
A1	1-4	All set fwd to corner, turn single back
	5-8	All circle L 1x
	9-12	All set fwd to corner, turn single back
	13-16	All star R 1x
B1	1-4	1s cross and go below (2s moving up)
	5-8	1s half figure-8 up and around into center of a line-of-4
	9-12	Line-of-4 up-a-dbl & back
	13-16	2s gate 1s up and around to progressed places

Since we shouldn't do attachments on the list, here's the tune in ABC
notation:

X:1
T:Pebbles
C:Ric Goldman 2011
M:2/2
L:1/8
K:G
Q:1/2=112
P:A
D2||"G"G6D2|"D"A6D2|"G"Bcd2c2B2|"D"A6dc|"G"B2G2"D"d3c|"G"B2g2"C"e2dc|"G"B2G2
"D"D2F2|"G"G6D2|
G6D2|"D"A6D2|"G"Bcd2g2d2|"C"e6d2|"Am"cdcBA2G2|"D"F2E2D2D2|"C"EFG2"D"G2F2|"G"
G4F4||
P:B
"Em"EFG2EFG2|E2B2B2G2|"Am"cdcBA2G2|"B"F8|"Em"E2^DE"B"F2B,2|"G"G2A2B2G2|"Am"A
3Bc2e2|"D"d6dc|
"Em"B2GFE2B,2|"C"E4"G"D3D|"C"E2C2G2E2|"D"D6C2|"G"B,CDE
FGAB|c2B2A2D2|"C"EFG2"D"G2F2|"G" G6||

Thanx, Ric Goldman
letsdance at rgoldman.org

P.S. Info on abc notation - http://www.lesession.co.uk/abc/abc_notation.htm
P.P.S. I use the ABC wizywig editor is at:
http://abcexplorer.software.informer.com/1.6/ but you can google for desktop
and mobile platforms.
P.P.S. Musical notation .pdf available on request