[Callers] Favorite relatively Modern ECD

Alan Winston via Callers callers at lists.sharedweight.net
Sun Dec 11 01:47:23 PST 2016

The Mendocino series has a giant band (which lately has included a bunch
of people young enough that their parents have to bring them, and then
stay and sometimes dance).  The band rehearses; they're willing to learn
three or four new tunes for an evening, and the organizer will give you
a list of stuff recently called and stuff the band knows cold to swap in.

There are always some first timers, but in the last several years some
of the regulars have started traveling to dance camps and English balls
and they hold a ball rehearsal series.  The group who do that are
dedicated English dancers who know all the figures and can do
challenging dances.  They are not more than half the people at the
dance; they are public-spirited and try to dance with first-timers.

I'd say that for this dance you're looking for mostly pretty easy dances
with some intermediate ones.  You might have to workshop double figure
eights or heys.  There's also a strong tendency for attendance to drop
off after the break.  Look for dances with strong flow!

For these purposes, I like

Easter Morn

When Laura Smiiles