[Callers] Rollaway sans sashay?

Don Veino via Callers callers at lists.sharedweight.net
Wed Sep 9 18:02:03 PDT 2015

The dance I was alluding to in the other thread was Lisa Greenleaf's
"Secret Weapon" which, like a couple of my own compositions, uses a roll to
accomplish a ladies swap across a diagonal after a Ring Balance. If the
gents Half Sashay, they end up on the wrong side of the set for the next
moves. Yes, you could simply substitute a disconnected "Ladies Swap and
face back in" here but you'd lose some good stuff:

   1. the ability for the partner to assist (two minds to remember the
   move, improved timing/timeliness)
   2. fun connected dancing via good weight.

I called Secret Weapon this past Monday at the Scout House, making sure to
tell the Gents their job was to stay put and NOT sashay. That direct
instruction in the walk through worked great, I didn't have to remind them
while calling the dance.

-Don

On Wed, Sep 9, 2015 at 8:15 PM, Maia McCormick via Callers <