[Callers] Shadow Swing Disclaimers?

Jane Ewing via Callers callers at lists.sharedweight.net
Tue Sep 8 12:47:14 PDT 2015

Maia - I have checked and the dance is in Carol's book "The Lizard
Research Institute" which should be available thru CDSS.

  Anyway to quote Carol out of the book/"Because this dance has more
satisfying interactions with one's shadow than with one's partner//, I
have dancers line up in Becket formation, roll away with a half sashay
and swing the one they meet, and take hands f//our from there  ( with//a
couple out at the top of the set ).    I then explain that the person
they asked to dance is now their shadow, the one they swung is their
partner, and I tell them why. Inevitable, some dancers are not listening
when I explain this, even if I repeat it a few times;try it at your own
risk.

/I have danced and called this dance and enjoyed it.
This may not solve your dilemma but rather just moved it.  Just a
suggestion.
Jane Ewing
Grant, AL