[Callers] Progressive politics? Ha, ha

Joe Micheals via Callers callers at lists.sharedweight.net
Fri Oct 30 13:01:41 PDT 2015

I am NOT "progressive".  It is another loaded term in my opinion.  To assume most of the (silent)  people on this list serv are progressive is...........probably true!
I am sensitive to people's dignity and would not intentionally offend anyone.  I find the Gypsie issue troubling but do not have a solution.   Create another CallerLab to standardize terms and meanings? probably not.
All that said I agree with everything George says.
I wanted to emphasize the point George makes on the terms Gents & Ladies.  Those terms "print" in the hearer's ear (harder consonants).  When you have music and distractions on the dance floor you can lose the "WO" of women and it can be confusing.  Even in the "all position terms" these print the best on the dance floor in my experience.
Cheers! -Joe (Independent in Seattle)