[Callers] How to explain the charms of square dances (was More on Programming)

Aahz Maruch via Callers callers at lists.sharedweight.net
Fri Jun 26 20:55:26 PDT 2015

On Fri, Jun 26, 2015, Jacob Nancy Bloom via Callers wrote:

> How would those of you who enjoy both squares and contras describe what you
> get out of dancing square dances?

Keeping in mind that I'm talking about MWSD -- I don't particularly like
trad squares:

I mainly enjoy the challenge.  Square dancing requires hearing, brain,
and body all working together.  There's a surprise factor that mostly
doesn't happen in contra dances.  There's overall more feeling that it's
a team of people working together, rather than pairs of couples.
--
Hugs and backrubs -- I break Rule 6                        http://rule6.info/