[Callers] 24 bar Contras

Charles M. Hannum via Callers callers at lists.sharedweight.net
Fri Jun 12 20:35:29 PDT 2015

Indeed, the only times I've seen “star thru” used in contra, it was
directly borrowed from MWSD.

This is what Callerlab says.  Even in Tech Squares it's considered
incorrect to call it from other formations.

24. Star Thru

Starting formation: Facing Dancers (man facing woman)

Command example: Star Thru

Dance action: Man places his right hand against woman's left hand, palm to
palm with fingers up, to make an arch. As the dancers move forward the
woman does a one quarter (90 degrees) left face turn under the arch, while
the man does a one quarter (90 degrees) turn to the right moving past the
woman.

Ending formation: Couple

Timing: 4

Styling: Hands are joined in raised position at approximately eye level,
palm to palm, with fingers pointed up to form an arch. The arch will be
offset to the man's right and woman's left. The man's hand should be used
to stabilize as the woman provides her own momentum. As the call is
completed, the hand grip should be readjusted to couple handhold.

On Fri, Jun 12, 2015 at 11:25 PM, Aahz Maruch via Callers <