[Callers] 24 bar Contras

Aahz Maruch via Callers callers at lists.sharedweight.net
Fri Jun 12 20:25:32 PDT 2015

On Fri, Jun 12, 2015, Jeff Kaufman via Callers wrote:

> Nit: a "California twirl with other hands" is traditionally called a "star
> through".

Really?  I haven't seen Star Thru in contra much; in MWSD, at least, Star
Thru is normally done with partners facing each other, as opposed to the
California Twirl with partners facing the same direction.  What's being
asked for here is a sashayed California Twirl -- I don't think I've ever
seen that before.  However, "Nevada Twirl" does have plenty of hits when
I search, which suggests a clear provenance...

(You could argue that in a ring partners are sort-of facing each other,
but I think that's a wasted argument when people already have a clear
choreographic name for the concept.)
--
Hugs and backrubs -- I break Rule 6                        http://rule6.info/