[Callers] Another approach to Gender Free calling

Ron Blechner via Callers callers at lists.sharedweight.net
Mon Jun 1 15:40:47 PDT 2015

RE: Dave:

Clockwise / counterclockwise - too wordy, and some people have trouble
with this regardless.

Hey: What about on the left diagonal? Along the set?

I also really don't like the blaming of the dance if it's not 100%
intuitive. Plenty of dances flow great but have a counter-intuitive
element. Restricting dances to those without counter-intuitive moves
is basically saying, "Sorry, if we want to be genderfree, we need to
put a cap on how difficult a dance is. Sorry genderfree dancers, you
aren't allowed to dance too advanced."  That's a big problem.

Rollaways can *not* be handled from left to right - who does the
rolling is not indicated at all!