[Callers] Another approach to Gender Free calling

Ron Blechner via Callers callers at lists.sharedweight.net
Mon Jun 1 15:29:22 PDT 2015

The corners option is intriguing, but it's definitely more difficult,
even after dancers adjust.
Some more thoughts:

1. Anything in long lines is tricky, because corners are relative to
the group of 4, not the individual dancer. For example, I don't think
the box circulate solution is easy at all.

2. Any terms that are used ought to stand up to calling during a
medley. If we can't universalize the terms, or nearly so, then they're
putting an upper limit on the skill level of dances we can use. I
don't think

3. I like the idea of removing the gender from "chain" entirely. The
concept of a "Lady's Chain" is antequated. It's a chain. Either
position can do it. It also means that the current "Gent's Chain" is
incorrect - and should be a "Left-hand-chain".

4. Isn't corners used a lot in ECD simply because of necessity with
proper formation?