[Callers] Petronella spin, no chain or allemande?

Erik Hoffman via Callers callers at lists.sharedweight.net
Mon Dec 14 19:14:30 PST 2015

Bay Area Caller Tom Thoreau made up a dance that I've used lots at
beginner level dances:

Barbarella
Becket
A1 Petronella Balance x 2
A2 Petronella Balance x 2
B1 Partner Balance & Swing
B2 Right & Left through; Circle half, slide left to next couple

And, it is dedicated to Jane Fonda...

An aside (which I might have said before)

I still find it funny when callers announce, "as in Petronella," or "as
in Rory O'More." I look around the room and see almost no one who has a
clue as to what Petronella or Rory O'More is. Sometimes even the caller
doesn't know--or barely knows... I recommend saying something like "a
move from a wonderful old dance called Petronella."

~erik hoffman
     oakland, ca