[Callers] 4 person do-si-do?

Rich Sbardella via Callers callers at lists.sharedweight.net
Tue Dec 1 16:02:38 PST 2015

Luke,

In square dance there is a figure called grand sashay.  It is essentially a
grand R&L, or weave the ring, with dosidos and seesaw.  You might look that
figure up as the weave is a dodge, and the dosido//seesaw would allow for
twirling.

I have included the definition below.  Grand Sashay is fun to dance, and
the hands can be eliminated if desired.  If it is done inside a square or
mescolanza it should bring the four dancers back to where they started it,
and it would be 32 steps/beats.

That is a long time to keep the men inactive.  However if all eight dancers
danced it in a mescolanza, they would end up on opposite ends and in
opposite lines.  This could be a useful call that results in progression
just as in a R&L Grande.  Dancers could balance & swing and then face
original direction when they meet.

*Definition:*

>From a Right And Left Grand Formation (e.g., after Allemande Left).

Dosado, right pull by;
Seesaw, left pull by;
Dosado, right pull by;
Seesaw, left pull by.

Ends in a Right And Left Grand Formation.

*Comments and Examples:*

Same as *Right And Left Grand* except that a
*Dosado* or *Seesaw* (left-shoulder Dosado)
is inserted before each pull by.

The Burleson's definition says to bow before each pull by.

Rickey Holden 1949

On Tue, Dec 1, 2015 at 4:03 PM, Luke Donforth via Callers <