[Callers] Family dance questions

Rich Sbardella via Callers callers at lists.sharedweight.net
Tue Aug 4 06:08:47 PDT 2015

At Old Srurbridge Village, a living museum, we use one penny whistle,
flute, or fiddle.   We always dance Rakes of Mallow.  The age of the
dancing audience ranges from 4 to 70s, and they always have fun.

Rakes:
Fwd & Bk, Fwd & Change lines
Fwd & Bk, Fwd and change back to original line
Right hand turn, left hand turn
Top Couple sashay down.

Simplicity is the key.  Do a google search for books by the New England
Dancing Masters, and by Mariam Rose.  There are many good dances and CDs
with the tunes.

I wish you success!
Rich

On Tue, Aug 4, 2015 at 6:18 AM, Claire Takemori via Callers <