[Callers] Dance length/dances per evening

Donald Perley via Callers callers at lists.sharedweight.net
Mon Apr 27 04:26:39 PDT 2015

For dances with different roles (active/inactive) run it so the number
of times through roughly equals number of couples so everyone gets
both roles.  That could lean to making more sets.  In a big venue we
have broken the sets to fit 2 in the length of the hall.  Keep an eye
on the clock.. you can check for the top couple coming back to the
top, but if they do something unusual on the far end (switch sets,
partners, or drop out) it can screw you up.

In total our dance typically runs 11-12 dances in 3 hours with a break
plus waltzes at the end of each half.