[Musicians] Dots

Jeff Kaufman jeff at alum.swarthmore.edu
Fri May 17 05:34:12 PDT 2019

I think learning the music well enough that you don't need to see it
while playing is well worth it: once you're playing from memory you
have much more ability to vary what you're doing in the moment in
response to the feel of the hall and what the dancers are doing.
(This goes for written chords as well as written notes.)