[Musicians] CDSS's May Shop Talk + a survey for open band leaders!

Emily Addison emilyladdison at gmail.com
Wed May 15 05:36:09 PDT 2019

Hello Shared Weight musicians,

I hope this email finds you well! I wanted to share the May issue of CDSS's
Shop Talk as I know many of you are also organizers and even if you are
not, you may be interested in some of the topics in this issue.

In particular, I wanted to highlight a ***SURVEY FOR OPEN BAND LEADERS***
Following up on CDSS's webchat on open bands, we are creating a section on
our website for open band resources.  We'd love to hear about the work you
do and also link to your projects and resources.
Please fill out the survey by July 1st:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfmFgF-4HBE50wgyLqAq6jrw2753_mPkHNf60kwCi4qrawk6g/viewform

Here's a link to the May Shop Talk: https://conta.cc/2HlZOXA
Shop Talk is free and you can sign up here to receive it:
https://www.cdss.org/resources/how-to/organizers#shop-talk

With thanks!
Emily Addison

*In the May issue:*

   - Heads up regarding an article in the upcoming June CDSS News which
   outlines *how to easily plan organizer discussions*.
   - Announcing the *CDSS Web Chat: Building Safe Dance Communities* which
   is happening on July 11th
   - *CDSS Scholarships* still available for camp sessions!
   - News about an *exciting collaboration among organizer, caller, and
   musician listservs*
   - A *survey for Open Bands* to support resource development.
   - Heads up regarding the upcoming *CDSS Group Affiliates survey*
   - A *call for volunteers *interested in developing organizer resources.
   - *Join CDSS as an affiliate and individual member to help make
   resources and supports like these possible!*

Virus-free.
www.avg.com
<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>