[Musicians] worthiness of a tune for contra?

Thomas Verdot via Musicians musicians at lists.sharedweight.net
Thu Jul 30 09:37:33 PDT 2015

As was mentioned by Susan, my first thought was that it was a slip jig.
  It is a fine tune for listening but one that I would not use for a
dance.  If you really like it well enough to play it for a dance you
probably want to have a stronger rhythm than the band in the video. I
don't mean louder, just less amorphous.  That also doesn't mean dead on
regular - it could just be punctuated to maintain a sense of form.

I think it is good to always keep in mind that we are there to serve the
dancers & at times some of our favorite tunes just don't quite meet the
purpose.  I have sadly rejected several favorites.

Regards, Tom