[Callers] What can you do.....?

Judy Greenhill judy.m.greenhill53 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 30 13:46:28 PDT 2019

An interesting thing related to this happened to me last Friday. I was calling at a regular series which always gets a lot of beginners, and this time we had very few of our regular dancers. I was taking more time and care than I often do on the walkthrus-and noticed one man consistently swinging the wrong way around. I took him aside and showed him how to swing correctly, and how it flowed into the next move, and asked it that didn't feel more comfortable. His answer was a resounding "NO", and he continued to swing the wrong way round most of the might, unless his neighbor was insistent on doing it correctly. So maybe their idea of comfort is different from ours?
I personally have occasionally spun the "wrong" way deliberately if it's a very "spinney" dance and I find myself getting too dizzy.

Judy