[Callers] Saving myself after a crash

Maia McCormick maia.mcc at gmail.com
Sun Sep 22 17:36:40 PDT 2019

Yeah, I agree with everything said here. If you DO decide to go the hash
calling route, definitely let the crowd know that you’re doing something
different and deviating on purpose: with a “listen up” or something like
that.

Often the dancers DO sort themselves out, and the dance can just go on. If
I screwed up a call, I like to make an extra big point of it the next time
through—either saying it louder/more deliberately, getting the hall to “say
it with me: long lines forward and back” or something—to acknowledge that
_I_ fucked up and it wasn’t the dancers’ fault.

On Sun, Sep 22, 2019 at 7:21 PM David Harding via Callers <