[Callers] Brain Dead - Need Suggestions

Kalia Kliban kalia.kliban at gmail.com
Sat Aug 17 23:49:47 PDT 2019

On 8/16/2019 9:40 PM, Linda S. Mrosko via Callers wrote:
> Although I've been calling forever and I know things, I'm not currently
> inspired to do this and am asking for help.
>
> Been hired to lead a dance for a music school -- ages 5 and up to teens
> and their parents and my contact asked if I could lead "dances that
> encourage really paying attention to beat counts….throw in some music
> education in addition to fun."

Pattycake polka is very beat-specific.  Le Brandy has a bit where you're
counting to the music ("Un, deux, trois, poussez!").  Hard to know what
they're fishing for with the phrase "throw in some music education..."
Maybe mentioning how jigs feel different from reels...  Something like
The Flying Scotsman would certainly get that point across, especially if
it followed something 2-ish like Galopede.

Kalia