[Callers] A Dance without Partner Swing

Martha Wild mawild at sbcglobal.net
Tue May 15 00:06:19 PDT 2018

One dance I do call occasionally is Eric Hoffman’s Last Swing of Summer. I like it because there's a couple do-si-do 1 1/2 times with your partner, so I always comment to people that as long as they are aware of their neighbors, they have 16 counts with their partner and they should use the time wisely. Some people actually swing their way around the other couple. Some people decide to face as in a pousette, some twirl and flourish through the figure, and some just do it plain. It’s also easy and good for a less experienced crowd.
Martha