[Callers] What is a contra?

Richard Hopkins hopkinsrs at comcast.net
Thu Jun 28 06:51:01 PDT 2018

The name of my local dance community, chosen >30 years ago, is Tallahassee Community Friends of Old-time Dance.  Many dancers now prefer evenings made up entirely of contras, narrowly defined, but some still prefer our traditional mix of formations. When I advertise our dances on Facebook, I subtly call the events that I expect to be all-contras ‘contradances’, and the others ‘old-time dances’. I don’t know whether anyone notices. We aren’t the only such organization with ‘old-time’ in our name.

Richard Hopkins
850-544-7614
hopkinsrs at comcast.net

Sent from my iPhone