[Callers] Star 1/2 -> Star 1/2?

Bob Green bobgreen at swbell.net
Sun Apr 22 08:12:57 PDT 2018

I have an English dance that has a similar sequence, with one half star,
then a full star with new neighbors and another full star back with
original neighbors. As Chris suggests, I find that part a bit trickier to
teach than I expected. The difficulty is in the orientation (particularly
on the ends), not the timing. I set the dance to a half-length version of
Larry Unger's *Two Rivers *which is in waltz time, so the timing could be
different in contra. I think the hands-across style star used in most
English dances facilitates that kind of transition. I think it creates the
nice flow pattern you envision, looking forward to trying it. Nice idea,
Luke!

Here is the similar sequence in waltz time: http://dancevideos.childgrove.
org/ecd/ecd-modern/308-starring-loretta

Bob Green