[Callers] How many beats to a rip/snort?

Tom Hinds twhinds at earthlink.net
Sat Apr 7 14:11:18 PDT 2018

I think you're correct about it taking between 4 and 8 beats (more like 6).

If you want someone to ask, I'm pretty sure Jane Ewing of Alabama wrote a dance with this move in it.

I don't think that we need to be rigid about the names we use today, but I suspect that historically cowboy loop was for four people and rip and snort was for 8.  There are callers who have been calling longer than I have and can correct me if I'm wrong.

Tom

Sent from my iPad