[Callers] Two New Dances

John Sweeney via Callers callers at lists.sharedweight.net
Sat May 6 12:46:56 PDT 2017

Hi Tony,
	I've never heard the term "double gyp", but I think I know which move you mean...  Google... oh! Try Zesty Contras... Wow! Yes, Larry defines it just as I thought  So not just ECD, contra as well.  I call that move Interlocking Gypsies.

	I'll try to think of a different term, if it even needs one.

	Yes, you are quite right "ones split the twos" is a much better way of saying it, of course, thanks. Strange how the brain works (or doesn't!); if it had been a Square Dance I would have used Split without thinking,

	I tried it with "#1s Arch" to get a weaving flow and the dancers didn't like that.  I tried it with "#2s Arch", but we had some very tall people trying to get under short people's arches, so they didn't like that either.  So I went for "#1s Split #2s and they loved it.  Isn't the folk process wonderful? 😊

            Happy dancing,
                   John

John Sweeney, Dancer, England   john at modernjive.com 01233 625 362 & 07802 940 574
http://www.modernjive.com for Modern Jive Events & DVDs