[Callers] Favorite Triplet ?

Jacob or Nancy Bloom via Callers callers at lists.sharedweight.net
Wed Mar 30 21:17:27 PDT 2016

That chassee and heel, toe, heel, toe combination is essentially a chassee
and beaten step combination, very common in 18th century country dances.
The beaten step was not usually specified in the description of the dance,
but was one of the steps that might be used whenever a "footing step" was
called for.

See my blog entry on Ashley's Ride for an example:
http://www.dancehistoryalive.com/blog/2015/05/ashleys-ride/

Jacob

On Wed, Mar 30, 2016 at 9:33 PM, Michael Barraclough via Callers <

jandnbloom at gmail.com
http://jacobbloom.net/