[Callers] Rates for private events (weddings etc)?

Jeff Kaufman via Callers callers at lists.sharedweight.net
Sat Mar 26 11:55:45 PDT 2016

I would ask for about 3x more for a wedding then for an evening of dancing:

* weddings are a lot of hassle

* you're only playing/calling for a short time, but you need to be there
very early and schedules are not reliable at weddings -- this may be worse
for bands than callers

* people spend so much at most weddings these days that they're typically
willing to pay whatever (once I let someone negotiate me down a lot by them
saying they were trying to save money and when I got therei found out that
the food cost more per guest then they were paying each of us)

* I'd charge much less or free for a friend, especially if I would be at
their wedding anyway: it's like a wedding gift
On Mar 26, 2016 2:23 PM, "Michael Fuerst via Callers" <