[Callers] Contras for One Nighters

Kalia Kliban via Callers callers at lists.sharedweight.net
Sat Mar 5 16:03:45 PST 2016

On 3/5/2016 1:27 PM, Erik Hoffman via Callers wrote:
> In looking at Kalia's suggestions, I've put the Itchinton dance in what
> is more readable to me. Kalia, do I have it correct?

As written, it's proper (or, for a non-dancer crowd, "it doesn't matter
which side you're on as long as you're across from your partner'), so
I'd avoid using the gendered terms in the A2.  And as written, it was RH
then LH star but I think it flows better the other way.

> Itchington Long Dance
> Hugh Rippon, 1990
>
> (pretending it's) Improper
> A1: Star L/R;
>
> A2:Wm DSD; Mn DSD
>
> B1: Ones down center, turn alone, return, cast
>
> B2:1s swing and look down for new Nbrs
>
> For beginning dancers, I'd change B2 to Long lines forward and back
> (good for connection, reduces swing time, which is often better for
> beginners)

Good suggestion!  I'm making a note on the card.

Kalia