[Callers] Fw: Contras for One Nighters

susanelberger via Callers callers at lists.sharedweight.net
Sat Mar 5 11:10:01 PST 2016

For me the absolute, guaranteed never to fail contra (as opposed to a longways dance such as Gallopede), is Jefferson and Liberty.  I assume it's derived from a traditional dance of the same name created in Colonial times.

Jefferson and Liberty (duple,no need to worry about who's on which side)
A.1. Circle 4 left and right ("It doesn't matter if you get all the way to the left as long as you finish where you started.")A  2.  Star right and left (Same instruction.)B. 1.  Ones down the outside and back.B.2.  Down the center, 4 in line, ones in the middle.  Ones make an arch, twos duck under ("Twos take hands with your partner so you don't lose each other!")  Everybody comes back up the set, everybody look to the nexy couple..
If they're able, you can suggest that the ones not turn around to come back up the set, but come backwards so they can get acquainted with their new neighboring couple.
Susan ElbergerLowell, MA