[Callers] Best gigs

Rich Sbardella via Callers callers at lists.sharedweight.net
Thu Mar 3 10:28:08 PST 2016

Although I have had many good nights as a square dance and/or contra dance
caller, My best gigs are often one night stands/party dances.  It is a
thrill to see non dancers learn to move with the phtrase of music and see
those great smiles when they succeed.  40-100 people are a good size for
such a gig, and great music is always a plus.  Success is much more
important than challenge.

Most of these parties are for a "community" that is already established, so
the dancers are already among friends.  I am simply bringing them a new,
and joyful, way to interact.

No matter what kind of venue I call, a good way for me to judge a good
dance is to look at how many dancers stick around to the end.

Rich Sbardella
Stafford, CT

On Thu, Mar 3, 2016 at 9:18 AM, Ron Blechner via Callers <