I believe that in the singing square "Trail of the Lonesome Pine" the term they use is walk around.
-----Original Message-----
From: Mac Mckeever via Callers <callers@lists.sharedweight.net>
To: callers <callers@lists.sharedweight.net>
Sent: Wed, Jan 27, 2016 10:32 am
Subject: [Callers] Fw: another new word idea

If I recall - square dances use the term 'dance around' to achieve the same thing

'dance around your partner', etc.

Mac McKeever

----- Forwarded Message -----
From: Aahz Maruch via Callers <callers@lists.sharedweight.net>
To: callers@lists.sharedweight.net
Sent: Wednesday, January 27, 2016 9:18 AM
Subject: Re: [Callers] another new word idea

On Wed, Jan 27, 2016, jwcontrahands4 via Callers wrote:
> I think that, if I decide to abandon gypsy, I will go with "ease
> about". I like the feel of it. An alternative would be "walkabout".

Walkabout would be a poor substitute:


I suggest that anyone thinking of a substitute term do at least a quick
search for "<word> appropriation" (which is what I did to find the above
link) and "<word> slur".
Hugs and backrubs -- I break Rule 6                        http://rule6.info/
                      <*>          <*>          <*>
Help a hearing-impaired person: http://rule6.info/hearing.html

Callers mailing list

Callers mailing list