[Organizers] Our collective & individual ways of reducing our carbon footprint

Timothy Swartz swartztim15 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 9 16:32:06 PDT 2019

I am very happy to read this discussion of ways to diminish our carbon
footprint--though I think we spend more time "on foot" than non-dancers do,
the issue of fossil-fueled transport to dances is worth some effort to
reduce.
I am part of the Contra Dance Umbrella, which organizes the Montpelier VT
dance series.  In our rural state, almost everybody drives; some carpool
already.  Is there anyone who can suggest a software solution to help
people self-organize car-pooling?  None of us has time to personally do the
match-making, but I'm hoping that in this day and age there is a program,
or an app, or a Facebook service that might make it easier for people to
find others traveling from the same town.  I send out an email newsletter,
and could easily publicize something like that.
I hope all are enjoying some nice fall weather like the last couple of days
we have had--not like the dreary gray/rainy days just before!
--Tim Swartz