[Organizers] Tips for a swing workshop

John Sweeney john at modernjive.com
Tue Jun 18 14:56:32 PDT 2019

Hi Rebecca,

              Have a look at http://contrafusion.co.uk/Contra.html#swinging

              Hopefully that will be helpful.

              The key to flourishes at the end of swings: Men need to stop
early, facing the right way, so that there is time to do the flourish and
for the lady to finish, facing the right way, on time.  (That assumes the
lady is performing the flourish - which is the common way in basic
flourishes - men can, of course, perform flourishes as well!)

            Happy dancing,

                   John

John Sweeney, Dancer, England   john at modernjive.com
<mailto:john at modernjive.com>  01233 625 362 & 07802 940 574