[Organizers] The benefits of increased attendance --- your ideas?

Emily Addison emilyladdison at gmail.com
Mon Feb 25 10:45:31 PST 2019

Hi All!

Can I pick your brain on a project that I'm working on for CDSS?  It
relates to revenue sources for dances.

Probably the obvious way to increase revenue is by increasing
attendance.... although I know this can be extremely hard.

I'm wondering - other than revenue, what are other benefits to having more
dancers at your event? Here's a list that I've started....

More dancers results in:

-The dance feeling like a more exciting event  …. “the place to be”

-More people available to invite their friends next time. (As we know – the
best way to get new dancers is through word-of-mouth)

More people to support your events moving forward (i.e., as volunteers,
donors, etc)

-More options for dance partners – which can be helpful for certain dancers!

-Potential for a more diverse crowd in terms of age, experience, ethnicity,
gender identity, etc.

Any insight welcome!!!

With thanks :)

Emily in Ottawa