[Organizers] Ideas/resources on the benefits of contra (and generally trad social dance)

Jonathan Sivier jsivier at illinois.edu
Thu Mar 8 09:56:06 PST 2018

    I selected the dances and taught the dance section of the study
referenced in those articles.  Here are some additional links about it.

The paper published about the study
https://www.frontiersin.org/articles/10.3389/fnagi.2017.00059/full

Other links
http://source.colostate.edu/study-dancing-may-offset-effects-aging-brain/

http://www.cnn.com/2017/06/08/health/health-benefits-of-dancing/index.html

Here is a link to a similar study in Germany published last year.
https://www.frontiersin.org/articles/10.3389/fnhum.2017.00305/full

Jonathan
-----
Jonathan Sivier
Caller of Contra, Square, English and Early American Dances
jsivier AT illinois DOT edu
Dance Page: http://www.sivier.me/dance_leader.html
-----
Q: How many angels can dance on the head of a pin?
A: It depends on what dance you call!