[Organizers] Questions about booking performers for a series

Mary Collins nativedae at gmail.com
Mon Jun 25 17:09:31 PDT 2018

Here in Buffalo we have a band booker, me, and another for callers (I call
and don't want conflicts). I usually try to send out emails to all our
local talent with dates and ask for interest and availability. I try to
book first choice. I do try to book local for winter dates and farther away
bands for better weather. If I have more than one vying for a date I take
type of band,weather, travel and caller into consideration and book
accordingly. The longer you do this the better you get. I try to get booked
by August for Sept.-June series so I can focus on other things. My local
bands are all aware that they may be asked to change dates if a travelling
band or national band somehow lands in this "backwater". Oh, I keep a
spreadsheet and plug in requested dates. Once all bands respond, I click
dates, finalize the schedule and then confirm with bands.  I also send a
confirming email about 1.5 weeks prior to dance with particulars. If
perchance the band has a favorite caller or vice versa we try to
accommodate.

I think that's it other than I tend to nag the caller booker 😂.

Happy booking!