[Organizers] Ideas for revenue BEYOND the door entry price

John Sweeney john at modernjive.com
Tue Dec 4 09:59:33 PST 2018

Hi Mac,

              Mac said, “I am going to try stating our mission is community building using historic dance as the tool to accomplish that”.

              That is the slant we took in successfully gaining grants from two local councils.  These are the words I used, just in case they are helpful:

“This type of dancing, apart from being great fun, contributes to a healthy life style and helps people of all ages to get fit and stay fit.  It teaches people to work together, helps them to develop their social skills, and builds their confidence.

“This type of dancing should be provided as one of the pastimes and activities that allow residents of the county to enjoy life, and be part of the cultural renaissance in the county.

“We have been running sessions like these for some years now, and the feedback has always been very positive.  Many people have expressed how much fitter they feel, and how much the dancing has added to their social lives.”

              One thing to do is to read the mission statement of the body from which you are seeking funding and use their own words in your grant application.

              Good luck.

            Happy dancing,

                   John

John Sweeney, Dancer, England   john at modernjive.com 01233 625 362 & 07802 940 574