[Organizers] Ideas for revenue BEYOND the door entry price

Emily Addison emilyladdison at gmail.com
Tue Dec 4 08:25:11 PST 2018

Hi fellow shared weight organizers :)

Wearing my CDSS hat, I'm wondering ----> Does your dance have sources of
revenue BEYOND the door entry price???

A few great ideas were shared at the October CDSS Executive community
meeting in Toronto and we're looking for more! Do you have successful
experience with:

   - sponsorships (individual/company/other)
   - grants
   - donations (collected at the dance OR one-off/ongoing donor programs)
   - other fundraising (e.g., pie/cake sales anyone?)
   - membership
   - merch … that make money?
   - special events … that make money?
   - other?

I'm pulling together a curated collection of success stories on this
subject for CDSS that will then be shared back out early in the new year. I
would love to hear your ideas and if you know of someone I should talk to
about this, please let me know.

Thanks!
Emily
PS -  I asked shared weight about posters/flyers last month and so wanted
to update you that that collection will be available in January.  I'm just
waiting on a few more contributions.