[Organizers] Liability insurance

Mary Collins nativedae at gmail.com
Mon Oct 16 08:06:30 PDT 2017

John and all,

We are a small group and carry liability and equipment insurance through an
agency located near Ithaca NY, True Insurance Agency.  I know the rates are
very reasonable or we could not afford them.  You can find them on the web.

ASCAP should not be an issue as most of the music is traditional and does
not fall under their umbrella, you run into issues with them if you have
performers playing other's music without permission or if it has been
copyrighted and registered with ASCAP. At least that is my understanding
from working with a Blues NFP group and having been the manager of a
restaurant.

Mary

Virus-free.
www.avg.com
<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>

“Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass ... it's about learning
to dance in the rain!” ~ Unknown