[Organizers] Leading Contra Dances in non-english-speaking countries

John Sweeney via Organizers organizers at lists.sharedweight.net
Fri Mar 3 12:51:04 PST 2017

Hi Claire,

              This was the programme for the first session in Paris:

Paris     31/05/2014

Afternoon:

Short Lesson with everyone in a circle – focus on finishing swings well

Family Contra – no swings – learn how to progress

East Litchfield Volunteers – learn Allemandes & Long Lines (with 1,2,3, stamp) (with Stars instead of Circles as we used Circles in the previous dance)

The Big Whoop - Circle Mixer - learn Balance & Swing, Balance the Wave (Box the Gnat/Pull By too disorientating, so replaced by Slide Left & Dosido)

Flirtation Reel – Learn Hey, Gypsy

New Age Petronella – Learn Becket, Petronella

ABC – learn R & L Through

Skaneateles – nice easy dance to use what you have learnt

Evening:

Short Lesson with everyone in a circle – focus on finishing swings well

Moving Along – Circle Mixer with Allemandes, Dosidos and balance & Swings for all those who just  arrived

Ellen's Green Jig (Chris Page’s version) – fun dance with easy progression

Tica Tica Timing - starting to dance easy dances now with more confidence

Chaining Square – simple square to teach Ladies’ Chains, with Grand R&L

Butter – Heys & Ladies’ Chains

Trip to Lambertville Variation – all the fun of the Tidal Waves, but a modified, easier ending

Double Bow Knot – crazy square with longer and longer lines going through arches – success not relevant – just fun without worrying about swings or progressions

There Is No Way To Peace; Peace Is The Way – great dance with Star Promenades and Butterfly Whirls

New Age Petronella – repeat from the afternoon so people can relax and have fun

Flirtation Reel - ditto

The Yellow Cat Jig – Circle Mixer – easy fun dance to make sure everyone dances the last dance and gets it – go home with a sense of satisfaction

            Happy dancing,

                   John

John Sweeney, Dancer, England   john at modernjive.com 01233 625 362 & 07802 940 574

http://www.modernjive.com for Modern Jive Events & DVDs