[Organizers] come check out upcoming weekend dance ...

Heitzso via Organizers organizers at lists.sharedweight.net
Mon Jul 31 08:49:15 PDT 2017

I'll be glad to comp in any weekend dance organizer reading this list
with a plus-one to our upcoming dance Aug. 11-13.
We call it "Fly the Coop" since Gainesville, Georgia, was the poultry
capital of the world for a couple of decades.

If you want to take me up on this offer:
     let me know via email and let me know the name and email of your
plus-one
     you're on your own w/ food and housing (we have 16 talent+1s at our
small home ... yikes)
(and, if you've already registered w/ $, I'll refund your payment -- let
me know if ...)

Why you may want to come from some far away land to our corner of the
universe ...
     -> for good music and dancing
     -> to scope out exciting combinations of top contra musicians

Our music is provided by "On the Fly" which is an ad hoc collection of
top national musicians
with every dance set a different combination of musicians (!):
     Ed Howe (Perpetual e-Motion, Barefoot, JEMS, ...)
     Rob Zisette (Toss the Possum, Playing with Fyre, Rob Z and the
Trustees, ...)
     Cailen Cambell (Joyful Noise, Cailen Campbell and the Gypsy Hicks, ...)
     George Paul (Avant Gardeners, Playing w/ Fyre, Joyful Noise, Potent
Brew, ...)
     Tristan Henderson (Pete's Posse, Atlantic Crossing, ...)
     Jamie Oshima (Barefoot, JEMS, Oshima Brothers, ...)
     Sean Oshima (Oshima Brothers)
Callers are Emily Abel and Emily Rush.
Emily Rush will also call a "Rushfest" Sat. afternoon.

It is an experiment.
But what an experiment!

http://atgaga.com/flythecoop

Heitzso

musicians:
Ed Howe w/ Jamie (Barefoot): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6453yammGE
Rob Zisette (Rob Z ...): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbSWI1PnfaE
George Paul w/ Rob and ...: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYWdrZ6KdBc
Jamie Oshima (solo, playing 6 instruments, layered audio/video):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hYgk5wwBGA
Jamie shredding (single take, just him and a guitar):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUZohDrd3jc
Tristan Henderson (w/ Pete's Posse at Glen Echo):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-enCvxHfZ0
Cailen Campbell w/ George Paul (Joyful Noise):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_EpRwwoqsXs
Oshima Brothers:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ne-7_2_pL1U&list=PLz0f8bn2s5q0CmfkZ5PzpRPtJhlWurrBK

callers:
Emily Rush: Rushfest: http://www.rushfestcontra.com/
Emily Abel calling for Maivish and George Marshall:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGmJ0-v8tx4