[Organizers] Volunteers (Stakeholders)

David Chandler via Organizers organizers at lists.sharedweight.net
Sun Feb 12 16:37:33 PST 2017

Thanks for your contribution, Mike. Very interesting! It sounds like your
volunteers should feel very much appreciated.

It is good to know that your "pay what you can" system works, as have
others I've heard of. You don't mention it directly but I gather you have
no trouble getting volunteers even though they could just pay what they can
afford, which was part of my original question. Roughly how much time do
your volunteers put in on a night when they volunteer?

One question: I don't understand how the "disconnect between finances and
the dances" (i.e., the organization keeping entrance fees lower by picking
up the excess rent cost, if I understand it correctly) led to a drop in
volunteers and then dancer participation. I would assume the finances were
all behind the scenes, so how did that work? Thanks.

David