[Organizers] Dance pricing, communicating about pricing and more

Don Veino via Organizers organizers at lists.sharedweight.net
Sun Feb 5 14:36:45 PST 2017

Here's what we've done with our dance. It was a calculated risk/leap of
faith. We gave notice verbally by announcements at the dance for a few
weeks before it started, plus email and Facebook notices. Facebook comments
were very positive and several folks said this would make the dance
available to them once more.

http://mondaycontras.com/pages/you-pick-admission.php

Attendance is up so far vs. prior periods and pay for performers is up
significantly, on average. Limited sample to date - we began just this
calendar year. Anecdotally approximately 60% pay the suggested amount, 30%
pay the higher figure and 10% or fewer lower. We don't turn away people at
any amount (anything over cost is gravy). Some people are also giving us
donations when they have it - with the knowledge it is all going to the
talent. We're a unique dance - running 45-90 people weekly - a sort of
weekly-community dance hybrid, where folks value the connection and are
invested in keeping it going.

This approach makes the door sitter job pretty easy/finite and we're
getting better statistics than before (I'll share a later post on how
that's been achieved - once I find some time to write it up).

-Don