[Organizers] Taking admission

Lisa Sieverts lisa at lisasieverts.com
Sun Dec 31 10:04:57 PST 2017

> We're curious about how other dance organizers handle the task of sitting
> at the door and taking money.
>

> Who does it?
>
> - organizers?
>
> - volunteers?
>
> - a mix?

​At Peterborough NH, it's mostly volunteers, occasionally an organizer
fills in. We're lucky that these days typically 2 out of our 3 45-minute
slots are filled by the same people every time.

- nobody?

​At the Nelson NH dance, it's honor system with a fiddle case at the door.
​

> - how many people at a time?
>
> How is it done?
> - scheduling people to do the task (how?)

One of the organizers confirms that we have doorsitters for the upcoming
dance
​, usually by email or Facebook Messenger.
​

> - vetting/soliciting the vols (any parameters?)
>
> - how long does each person sit at door on a given dance eve?

​45-60 minutes
​

> - any compensation/barter?

​Free admission to the Peterborough dance​

> Other relevant info?

​We're trying to keep a tally using an iPad app.
​We give out "second dance free" tickets to anyone who has never contra
danced before, so that when they come back, their next time is free.​

Lisa
Monadnock Folklore Society

Lisa
lisa at lisasieverts.com