[Organizers] Liability insurance

Mac Mckeever via Organizers organizers at lists.sharedweight.net
Mon Aug 14 10:27:28 PDT 2017

We had a problem where a dancer fell and broke her arm.  Her health insurance covered her treatment.  They called her and demanded to know who we were and who owned the venue.  She said OK - but if anyone asks I will tell them I was a klutz and fell - it was my own fault.  AT that point the insurance co dropped it.
I was told is it common for insurance companies to try to recover their costs via law suits.
If you have any assets at all they need to be protected.  In our state, officers of not-for-profit cannot be sued for liability issues - and we are all volunteers.  Make sure your organizers are not vulnerable
Mac McKeever