[Organizers] ASCAP and BMI

Rob Lindauer via Organizers organizers at lists.sharedweight.net
Wed Jun 15 16:55:04 PDT 2016

Thanks, Donna.

I've indeed sent a query to CDSS.

I have no doubt that ASCAP is fishing.  If HCD ran just contras, I'd
decline (or just ignore the letter), asserting that we use only public
domain music and no copyright arrangements.  However, we also run a DJ
dance series, a swing series, a cajun/zydeco series, and a waltz series,
and I doubt I could make the same assertion for them.  So it could well
be that we should pay licensing fees.  I hope CDSS will be able to clarify.

Rob Lindauer