[Organizers] guarantee/profit sharing?

Dana Dwinell-Yardley via Organizers organizers at lists.sharedweight.net
Mon Jun 6 10:42:21 PDT 2016

Hi all!

Writing in my role as an organizer of the new second Saturday Montpelier
Contra Exchange series: http://www.contraexchange.org/. We are trying to
figure out a band/caller payment amount that works for both us and the
talent.

So — simple question: How much to do pay your musicians and caller? Do you
have a guarantee, and if so, is it per person or for everyone, no matter
the band size? Do you do profit sharing on top of that?

(I will say that the well-established Montpelier dance on first and third
Saturdays, which I also help organize, has a guarantee of $650 to be split
among musicians and caller, with additional payment for sound. We share
additional profit based on attendance, once our expenses are paid for and
some money saved back for dances we need to subsidize.)

Thanks!

Dana

--
Dana Dwinell-Yardley