[Organizers] New Floors

Don Veino via Organizers organizers at lists.sharedweight.net
Mon Jan 25 07:17:40 PST 2016

I know several venues have adopted the Glen Echo approach to floor
finishing (including Greenfield, IIRC). FYI the Concord Scout House has
recently switched to a different floor finish (for a long existing floor)
which has proved to be very easily applied, quick drying, tough/long
lasting, and a pleasure to dance on (through sticky summer weather and
dry). Seems very impervious to spills, etc. from other events held in the
hall.

I don't have the details at hand on the current finish but can ask for the
trade name if you wish. Our prior finish was a moisture cure urethane which
was either very good/hard or very bad/powdery depending upon the weather
conditions when applied and fussy about the undercoat prep. Refinishing
interval has improved dramatically with the new coating.

-Don